Sunday, September 2, 2007

More on Grades & Comments

I have left detailed comments on the initial batch of graded blog entries (my comments may grow shorter as the semester grows longer). It would probably be a good exercise for all of you to reread at least several blog entries and my comments on them. Here's my short version of what I said on most of them:

"You have a good idea, but you don't detail it or defend it like you could, you have too much filler, and you aren't really doing the _assignment_ as well as you could."

That might sound bad, but I had no trouble thinking of something good to say about everyone's entry, so it's actually pretty good.

I'll email your grades soon. They are deliberately but mildly inflated, to reflect the fact that this is the first assignment, and you're just learning my expectations.