Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Workshop

The workshop was helpful, especially since Nick read my paper. He incorporated Haunted along with several other concept albums in his own work, so it was good to get reassurance from someone else working on the same project that my own outlook wasn't completely crazy. One thing he mentioned, though, was that he while he liked the individual work I did with various tracks in relation to parts of House of Leaves, I never did anything considering the album as a whole in relation to the book as a whole. Basically, I focused on the small picture in a few different ways but never included the big picture.

That said, I'm going to look into including another segment to my paper looking at the album as a whole in relation to the book as a whole. Ideally I would like to use this to go along with the individual connections I made using various tracks. I think it would serve as a nice segue into my conclusion if I can pull it off.

No comments: