Wednesday, February 18, 2009

You Have Been Eaten by a Grue

Zork is definitely fun, but also quite frustrating. Particularly when you decide to attack the thief only to be killed and have to search everywhere for your stuff, particularly for the sword and battery-powered lantern. I was doing alright at first, but the area under the house had me running around in circles, getting robbed by the thief the whole time. I was most amused by the witty responses "I got by trying various commands such as 'jump' 'follow the rainbow' or 'eat table'. I was surprised that you can actually take the pile of leaves. I'm not sure what you can do with it, but the idea of the character running around with a pile of leaves is amusing. Zork isn't the first IF I've played, but it was fun nonetheless and I'm going to beat it somehow, if I ever have time.

No comments: