Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Zork = Torture

After playing zork for exactly two hours which was required i felt extremely frustrated and glad i never had to play again. After spending way to long leaving the forest because I couldnt figure out the correct path I realized that drawing a map would have made life much easier. Something I should have done from the beginning was draw the map which was suggested but I figured it couldnt be that confusing since it was made many decades ago. It was also very annoying that some of the word phrases could not be distinguished and having to retype over and over lengthy explanations instead of just simple one or two word instructions. I guess my expectations were relatively low and I didnt have a very positive attitude going into the game, this all probably contributed to the two hours seeming like all day trying to figure a way through the maze.

No comments: