Monday, October 22, 2007

Prompt for Blog #8, Group #1

The purpose of this blog is to identify some interesting idea or theme shared at least in part by two out of the three most recent texts we've worked with: Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, "A Cyborg Manifesto," and "The Girl Who Was Plugged In." Using specific passages from both texts, argue something about the politics or aesthetics of the two authors regarding this shared theme or interest.

One helpful thing to note is that Tiptree clearly influenced Haraway, and that Dick arguably influenced Tiptree.

Example topics: simulated life, artificial life, the "end" of gender, the influence of corporations on thought...

Note: I know I need to get my gradebook in order, and I apologize for that. Feel free to email me if I've forgotten to send you grades on any of your blog entries.

No comments: