Thursday, March 27, 2008

House of Leaves, Informal Post

House of Leaves is very complicated (I think we can all agree), but it is also very interesting and intriguing at the same time. It took a while to read most parts of it for me, but I think I understand a lot of what is going on so far. Then again I could be completely wrong. I am definitely confused as to what is real and what is made up, but I think that we are supposed to be? So what I got outlined from it so far is that the narrator supposively found all of the stuff in the story in Zampano's apartment and he pieced it all together. So we are supposed to believe that Zampano is writing about The Navidson Record which is apparently a film and we are not sure if it is real or fake? Zampano seems to allude that it is real a lot in the book. I enjoy the narrator's footnotes and his obvious sarcasm that he puts into them. It is a very interesting novel and I am actualy excited to see what everyone has to say about different parts of it. We are obviously not going to get to talk about everything today in class, so if something I was wondering about is not mentioned, I'll be sure to blog about it. I'll save some of my questions for class for now though.

No comments: