Friday, March 7, 2008

Midterm Story

Typical choose your own adventure books are normally focused on satirizing something in particular. My adventure satirizes normal choose your own adventure books by incorporating several completely impractical and ridiculous occurrences. I also wanted to add a different aspect to my adventure. Typically you would choose your move according to intuition and pick the smartest move or choose the opposite of what you would do in real life. Most of my decisions are the opposite of what is normal. For instance the “smarter” choice turns out in death where as the unsafe decision ends in success. (That being said, try not to read the story according to that information.)

I find it weird that two people can read the same choose your own adventure and get completely different stories. My adventure is designed so that most readers will progress though the story and end similarly while having completely different paths to get there. There are a lot of branches but several meet up and then separate again. I tried to incorporate some level of technology and science fiction which seems to be the theme of the class by setting my adventure in space and have the characters participate in improbable adventures.

Enjoy and let me know if you like it!


http://rapidshare.com/files/97859322/MidTerm_Story_2.doc.html

No comments: