Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Joe Liu informal post

It’s been a busy week, so I got to start House of Leaves really late (today!).

After reading the first 20 or 30 pages, I really am not enjoying this so much. I haven’t even gotten to the really unusual things (upside down text, crossed out words, etc.), but I already don’t have a good feeling about this.

The footnotes are quite interesting however, just like how someone else has already brought up, especially the one where the main character gets up and is just pissed off that there is no running hot water for his shower. From then on, he goes into telling us a story about his time with Lube. He has an interesting character and really does like the women, but I don’t really see how this fits into the story. It is just so random, but I’m tired, so I am probably not seeing the big picture.

I’ll post more when I have more read. I really didn’t like reading the beginning. It just felt like I was reading a history book, and I am just confused because I read it like it is fact, but is it fiction?

No comments: