Wednesday, April 23, 2008

final project- starting over

So after much consideration and being almost finished with my paper, I decided that I didn't like it, and changed my mind about what I wanted write about. I was originally writing about the use of animals in HOL but my paper wasn't turning out the way I wanted. I am now writing about the greek mythology in the book and how it relates to the characters and events, and why Danielewski used these references. I'm going to talk about the Minotaur and labyrinth, Theseus and the Palace of Crete, Orpheus and Eurydice, and possibly Norse mythology, Yggdrasil which is an ash tree. Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Adam Johns said...

I thought the animals topic was fine - but I don't know what you've been struggling with recently.

Anyway, mythology as such is awfully broad - focus, at the least, on Greek or Norse or Middle Eastern (there's a maze of references to The Epic of Gilgamesh which I've meant to figure out in detail, but never gotten around to).

Have a look at Felix's paper (he's AJ on the bloa- his discussion of Levi-Strauss relates to your topic, perhaps in a helpful way.