Thursday, April 17, 2008

I hate my rough draft

....yeah.

For those of you playing at home, if you remember, I wanted to write a story about programming, and try to explain the more complicated parts in layman's terms, so that a normal person could be able to understand the complexity that was going on. I wrote my proposal, and I thought it was pretty sweet. I really liked how it was going, and was excited to try the idea out with a different story.

...now that I've started doing that...I hate it. I think what I've written comes across as very forced, boring, and bland. I'm not sure if I'm just not as inspired now as I was then, or maybe that this story is just a boring one compared to the last one, or that maybe the whole idea for my project sucks.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dfg2rp5v_16dh89bv6b

So, that's what I have so far. I'd like to know what you all think, really. Check it out compared to my proposal a few days ago...I'm giving serious thought to building my final draft off of that rather than this. Which is also why it sorta is just cut off. I don't want to write more crap for the sake of writing it...if this is a bad path to go down, I'd rather just do it now.

1 comment:

Adam Johns said...

Here's a link to the commented version.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dcc3x9c8_31f2p5xsgh

I'll admit that you aren't very far along, but I think you hate it more than it deserves.