Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Ideas for Midterm Project

I have a few ideas in mind, but the one that is fascinating me the most is the idea of creating my own blog. I would want to create a blog for my friends and I to comment on. I would like the topic(s) to be something that is interesting enough that my friends would want to keep coming back to the blog with comments on their own; this way I don't have to keep reminding them or forcing them to do it because my grade depends on it...lol... Of course it needs to still be related to the class in some way, so I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a topic(s) that would be intersting to people outside of the class, who haven't dealt with our specific texts?


Please, any suggestions will help. Thanks.


Brittnee

2 comments:

Adam Johns said...

I'll make the obvious point that if you want your friends to really seriously participate (great idea, by the way) you'll probably need to focus on something they already care about.

So, what do they care about that relates to the interests of the class? Are there tv shows or movies you watch with them? Music you share in common with them? Technological issues you talk about (friends with internet addiction? Parents/grandparents with health problems who depend on medical technologies?).

I'd suggest talking it over with the friends you have in mind.

balford said...

I talked it over with one of my friends and she reminded me of our common interest in the Comedy Central series South Park. I don't know how I could have forgotten that there's a bunch of us who use to always talk and laugh about South Park episodes everyday. Is having a discussion of different episodes on the blog enough, or should there be a specific theme that ties South Park into the class?