Thursday, February 7, 2008

Mid-Term Project

So I suggested the interactive 'choose your own adventure' video in class today.  I was thinking in the back of my mind this is possible, because I work with video a lot and I knew you could put hyperlinks in quicktime movies, so that's what gave me the initial idea.

Anyway, there are two ways to do this.  One is with a DVD.  Two, would be with quicktime.  Which media do you guys think will be best?  I know all the technical aspects to make the DVD fit my idea, the quicktime might require more research and money.

Finally, are there any ideas.  I have a few strands of ideas floating in my head, but I don't want to worry about the technical side too much.  A college students' life?  Something dealing with the Internet?

3 comments:

One Last Caress said...

The internet would probably be your best bet. You could upload all of your videos to YouTube... get some free website service... and traverse through your "Choose your own adventure" that way.

Adam Johns said...

My advice is to focus on doing the project you want, rather than worrying about learning or, God forbid, paying for new technologies.

As far as ideas, keep brainstorming - and look at what people did last semester.

Tony said...

I think a college students life would make an excellent CYOA. There's plenty of traditional situations that can make choices... 'should I goto class today?' 'should I shower today?' or choosing majors or new freedoms that occur with being out of the house. 'should I goto that party and drink way too much?'. I think that idea would make for a fun and entertaining CYOA.