Thursday, February 14, 2008

What I learned from zork (informal)

After entering the world of Zork I looked back upon the web portal that was closing behind me with regret, I was trapped. Zork was most likely the most boring and least fun endeavor I have ever embarked upon in my life. Playing Zork was comparable in enjoyment level to what I assume it would be to try and grate my face off with a cheese grater, which as most people know isn't any fun at all. Sure i'm not going to lie when I found the jewel encrusted egg or the sword I was pumped but who doesn't like treasure? I don't see how anyone could enjoy Zork to be honest, sure maybe in the 80's when this was cutting edge it was cool and I would be like "damn this game is bomb" or some hip 80's lingo i'm not familiar with but not today. Today we have HD TV's and blu-ray players and gifts from god like Playstation 3. After playing Zork for about an hour I just felt dumb like I had been hoodwinked into doing some awful deed I would regret for the rest of my life. I hope to god I never, ever have to look upon that dredful black screen with its ominous white writing taunting and haunting me again......

1 comment:

Adam Johns said...

Believe it or not, people bought expensive computers more or less strictly to play games of this kind.

You're obviously not stupid, but then , neither were they. One thing that I'd encourage you to think of, since you bring up the likes of the Playstation 3, is to ask yourself (when you're next playing something on the Playstation 3) what these games owe to Zork.

As often as not, they'll owe it something...